Computers in the Library
Macintosh and PC Computers are available to users. These computers are attached to the college's network and to the Internet. There is a Computer Commons on the main level with Macs and PCs, as well as a computer lab on the Lower Level. All computers print to a laser printer (black/white and color). Computer Services: Telephone: (212) 746-6050
Check out a laptop
PC laptop computers can be checked out at the Circulation Desk for use inside the Library.
- The check out period is three hours (the approximate battery life).
- The wireless network can be accessed from anywhere in the Library.
- The laptops offer access to the Internet, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; they print to the laser printers in the Computer Commons.
- You may save a file to the public directory on the computer's hard drive. To transfer files to another machine, you can use web-based e-mail to send yourself the files as attachments.
- The treatment and return of the laptop is your responsibility.
- To use a laptop outside the library, please see the Laptop loan policy.
- Please inquire at the Circulation Desk (212) 746-6050 for further information.
Buy a USB drive
USB drives (also known as thumb drives) containing 256 MB of memory are available for sale at the Circulation Desk. The cost is $10.